Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Prompt 2 - Favorite Place(s)

For this prompt, I want you to think about your favorite place(s). They don't have to be current favorites, but they can be. You can write about past favorites, current favorites, future favorites (i.e., a dream vacation spot you're dying to go to, or that house you've been wanting to build for the last 10 years), or all of the above. They don't have to be restricted to geographic locations, either.

To help you get started, here is a list of places I'll be choosing from (I definitely won't be writing about more than one or two of them, though):
-the mountains
-Paris
-Florence
-Arches National Park
-the front of a classroom
-Chicago
-Orem High School
-New York
-my car (not about how great a car it is... but about how much I enjoy driving in my car and what that time means to me)
-the Atari room in Grandpa Knight's house
-bundled up in front of the fireplace or hogging a heating vent
-Goblin Valley
-Alaska

Think about why this place is so meaningful to you or comes to mind as something to share. Describe it in as much detail as you can. What memories do you associate with this location? Is this a favorite place because of certain memories? Did certain events or moments become more meaningful to you because they took place here?

____________________
If you're participating in this prompt and want to share, email me.

No comments: