Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Prompt 1 - My First Memory

For the first prompt, I want you to think back as far as you can into your childhood. What is the earliest memory you have?

Does it involve family? A favorite toy? A certain place? What emotions did you feel? What was the weather like? Is there a certain smell associated with this memory? Did music or other noises play a role in this memory?

Try to recall all of the details involved with this memory and record them. Try to recreate the moment or the event through description. Involve all of the senses. And even though you should try to remember as many details as possible, don't get caught up worrying about the accuracy of your memory--the way you remember it is how you should record it.

If you don't remember very much, that's absolutely fine. Just record what you do remember. My first memory is only one or two paragraphs long. The memory is vivid in my mind, but only covers a few short seconds of time.

__________________________________
Thanks for joining me in my journey to write my personal history! If you participated in this prompt and would like to share your memory, email me! You can send me your whole memory or just a brief part to be posted or linked on the blog. If you want to share it with me but don't want it posted, just let me know in your email.

No comments: