Friday, February 13, 2009

Organization of Memories

One thing that has been eluding me since I started thinking about my personal history is how to organize it (and what to call it, but that is something I'll talk about later).

If you are already in the middle of writing your personal history, how have you organized it? Are you going in chronological order? Or by the type of memory?

I know that as far as I'm concerned, I would have to enlist the help of my parents to get certain memories categorized into the right time frame. So for me chronological order only partly makes sense.

Maybe a rough chronological order, like Early Childhood, Late Childhood, Adolescence, College Years, Young Adulthood, and so on and so forth as I reach different stages would work well. Factoring in some latitude for my horrible memory only makes sense, since it's not likely to improve between now and death. Right?

I'll have to keep thinking on this.

In the meantime, get ready for the next prompt. It will be posted in just a few minutes.

No comments: